An introduction...

Hi. My name is Will Fox and I have just turned 40. Cue one mid-life crisis. My girlfriend and I (the two most disorganised people in all of God's green goodness) have decided to pack in our jobs and go travelling for a year. You know, like students might do. This blog will be a record of just how utterly useless we will be at that. We have broken our year into three legs...

LEG 1: Let's go to all the bits of Europe we've never been to before. And let's do that in a totally inappropriate vehicle. Let's go on Ebay (true story) and buy a 5.7litre V8 Chevy motorhome that's the size of a starter home and uses more fuel than the space shuttle. Yeah, that'll be fine.


LEG 2: I'm pretty sure not many people go backpacking around South East Asia. I'm fairly certain we'll be pioneering adventurers, seeking out new lands and possibly the first Westerners to ever set foot in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Nobody's ever done that before.


LEG 3: Legs 1 and 2 sound ok - but I was hoping for a higher risk of kidnap, robbery and casual murder. Hello South America, how are you doing?


So, how are we doing so far, I expect you're wondering. Well, we've had our arms perforated by all the vaccinations available to British science. We've had our van converted to LPG in a vain attempt to not go bankrupt before we hit Dover. We've had several, very enjoyable, leaving dos. And we've made it as far as Swindon. For this I can only apologise (not for the town - that was already like that when we got here). But I promise that by the next entry in this fascinating travelogue we will actually be abroad. Honest. Until then, wish us luck...










Comments

  1. Is Swindon actually in Europe? That is 1 quality set of wheels, make haste the night is still and the wind fair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The coast with the most

Cowboys and engines!

Captain cook